Assigning a Learning Path is important, otherwise no users will be able to see it, even though you may have already published the Learning Path.
Assigning a Learning Path
- Log into to your Motimate account, and open Studio.
- Select Learning Paths in the menu on the left side.
- Find and open the Learning Path you wish to assign.
- Click Assign, and you'll get an overview of all assignments:
- First click Select Position, and select the Positions you wish to assign the Learning Path to. You can assign it to as many different Positions as you want. If you want to assign it to all Positions, simply select All Positions.
- Second you need to click Select Playlist to decide which Playlist the Learning Path should appear in for users matching this assignment. You must select one playlist per assignment, and it's not possible to select more than one. If you select the last Playlist, typically named Available, the Learning Path will not appear in any Playlists, but will instead be available in the Discover menu in Motimate. This can be a good alternative for Learning Paths you simply want to make available for those who like.
- Finally you must click Select Groups to decide which groups you wish to assign your Learning Path to.
- You can select as many Groups as you like. If you select a parent group, in a normal group structure you do not need to also add the child groups. The Learning Path should be made available to anyone in children group. If you want to share it with the entire organization, make sure to select your top group, which is usually named the same as your organization name.
- Assignments are effective immediately. If your Learning Path has already been Published, users will be notified right away. If the Learning Path has not yet been Published, your users will not be notified until you publish it. There will be no notifications if you only publish to the Available Playlist.
- If you wish to make more assignments, simply click New Assignment. You would usually use different assignment if you wish for the Learning Path to appear in different Playlists for different groups or positions.
Congratulations! You have now successfully assigned your Learning Path.
A Learning Path will only be made available to users who match both one of the Groups and one of the Positions you have selected. If the assignment only matched on group or only on position, the Learning Path will not be assigned and available for the user.
All published Motis and Packages in a Learning Path will become available to the users whom the Learning Path has been assigned to. It is not necessary to assign each and every Moti or Package to the same users. In fact we recommend that you do not assign Motis and Packages separately, as they would then appear both separate and in the Learning Path for the user, which may not be the most ideal user experience.